Covid 19 Event policies
What We Are Doing/Encouraging At Events
- Every car while paying to park will be given a brief health screen. The questions asked can be found below. Anyone who answers yes to the below questions will not be allowed to enter the event. We also recommend seniors of others with compromised immune systems not attend events due to risk of infection.
Have you or your child been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID- 19?
Are you or your child experiencing a cough, shortness of breath or sore throat?
Have you or your child had a fever within the last 48 hours?
Have you or your child experienced new loss of taste or smell?
- Have you or your child experienced vomiting or diarrhea in the last 24 hours?
- We ask that teams show up no earlier than 15-20 minutes prior to their game, we also ask that you leave quickly after your game has concluded to reduce crowding within the park.
- Please make sure to bring water as water fountains and coolers will not be available.
- Limited spectators is encouraged.
- Facial covering are encouraged.
- Social Distancing will be enforced.
- Players, coaches, and officials shall not congregate within six feet of each other except to the extent necessary during the athletic competition.
- Players, coaches, officials, and spectators shall refrain from high fives, handshakes, fist bumps, tag-ins, and other physical contact except to the extent necessary to compete.
- The event facility staff will work with event directors to mitigate exposure to facilities by modifying event scheduling.
- When using a tent, please restrict it to members of a single household only. Also, tents must be four feet apart from other tents.
- All coaches, players, officials, and spectators are strongly encouraged to wear a mask or other facial covering that covers his or her nostrils and mouth at all times except when a player or official is directly participating in the event.
- There will be no water fountains or shared coolers allowed. Each player is expected to bring their own water bottle/refills.
- We will expect anyone who enters to understand inherent risks of the environment and the steps we are taking to mitigate the transmission.
- We encourage participants to wear facial coverings when not competing.
- We encourage spectators to wear facial coverings.
- We expect everyone to take personal responsibility for properly washing hands, masking coughs and sneezes. Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer (with at least 60% alcohol), and abstain from touching their face.
- We will request to eliminate shaking hands, hugging, or otherwise coming in close contact with other attendees.
- We will not allow any team coolers or shared water jugs. Players are encouraged to bring their own water bottles/refills. We will encourage all players and coaches to practice healthy habits including adequate hydration, consuming a varied, vitamin-rich diet with sufficient vegetables and fruits, and getting adequate sleep.
- We request players, coaches, parents, or supporters with any symptoms not attend competitions or events.
- We will restrict outdoor tents to only members of the same household.
- We recommend laundering clothes and uniforms daily.
Protocols and Responsibilities – What we expect from Clubs, Coaches, Parents, and Players attending our events.
In order to participate in any soccer activities other than individual activities at home, an individual including, but not limited to, players, coaches and club staff (“participants”) must satisfy the following criteria
- No signs or symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days and have not been exposed to someone that has been ill in 14 days.
- Take temperature before participating in any soccer activity.
- There shall be no activities that would require direct or indirect contact between players.
- Clean equipment with disinfectant before and after training.
- Created and distributed protocols to its members.
- Trained and educated all club staff on protocols and requirements.
- Provided infection prevention supplies to coaches for training (e.g., hand sanitizer, facial coverings, etc.)
- All soccer activities will be outdoors.
- Grids marked off to provide adequate field space for social distancing.
- Hand sanitizer with coaches each session and waste receptacles at fields.
- Consulting local health officials and soccer governing bodies weekly.
- Ensure the health and safety of all players
- Before each soccer activity a Coach must ensure “stations” for each player at or around the bench area that are at least 6 feet apart in which players must keep all of their belongings. They shall be required to return only to their “station” only during breaks.
- Before each soccer activity ask all players how the athletes are feeling and whether they are experiencing any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g. cough, fever, or loss of taste or smell). Also ask if their temperature was taken.
- If the athlete has any signs or symptoms of COVID-19, they should be sent home and instructed to contact their healthcare provider.
- Follow all club health protocols and ensure social distancing at all times including team meetings/talks before, during and after soccer activities.
- Ensure all athletes have their individual equipment (ball, water, bag etc.)
- Coach is the only person to handle all training equipment (e.g. cones, disk, flags, etc.)
- Wear a face mask, when not actively coaching, maintain social distance requirements from players based on state and local health requirements.
- Have fun, stay positive – players and parents are looking to you to stay calm, supportive and caring during this time.
- Scrimmage vest or pennies can not be shared and must be sanitized after each use.
- Ensure your child is healthy.
- Check your child’s temperature daily and ask whether they are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g. cough, fever, or loss of taste or smell).
- Parents are not permitted on or near the field.
- Parents must stay in outside the fence line of MP 1-9 and must adhere to social distancing guidelines while at the park
- Ensure child’s clothing is washed after every training session.
- Ensure all equipment, cleats, ball, shin guards etc. are washed or sanitized before and after every training.
- Notify the club immediately if your child becomes ill for any reason. or by telephone.
- Take temperature regularly
- Wash hands thoroughly before and after soccer activity.
- Use hand sanitizer at breaks during soccer activity.
- Observe the separation of the “stations” established by the coach at the bench area and make certain to place all of your belongings (bags, water bottle and equipment) at least 6 feet apart.
- Do not touch or share anyone else’s equipment, water, snack or bag.
- Practice social distancing. No group celebrations, no high 5’s, hugs, handshakes etc.