We host 25+ soccer events a year and love working with great soccer officials. We value high quality referees who show up on time, communicate professionally, and love covering youth soccer games.
Our events are primarily in South Alabama and the Florida Panhandle.
If you are already certified, and would like to work one of our events, you can view all our events here, snapsocer.com/events. You must be in good standing with USSF to work our events.
Our software that we run events on is SINC (Soccer in College). You can view this document by going here.
If you are not a certified referee, it is easy to get started. See below.
Step 1 – Complete the Online Course with US Soccer
You can go to this link: https://learning.ussoccer.com/referee/courses/available/1/details/1
You will need to sign up and create an account to complete the course.
Please Note: The unique account identifier is an email address. Parents may not use their lone email address to register multiple referees. Each referee needs their own email address. Parents may add a secondary email address to each account in order to receive any emails their child is receiving from either U.S. Soccer or the State Referee Committee.
As a reminder, individuals must be 14 years old to be a referee. If turning 14 before February 1, 2020, individuals may still register for an entry level course and become certified, but they will not be able to referee until they turn 14.
Step 2 – Field Session
Once the course is completed, you need to find an on-field course to complete your certification. We’ve created a link here that is already sorted for classes in Alabama. Referee On-Field Classes
If you live in another state, you can sort on the US Soccer website.
In-person entry level courses are typically held from July through February. Courses are not offered on or after March 1st. In order to allow sufficient time for completing online requirements, registration for all courses will close three days prior to the scheduled date of the course. All online requirements must be completed to attend the in-person course.
Students should plan to attend the in-person course dressed appropriately for light, outdoor exercise. They should also bring the following with them: whistle, yellow/red cards, and a flag. This equipment can be purchased from Official Sports, the official supplier of U.S. Soccer referee uniforms and equipment.
If over 18 you must also complete the following steps.
Step 3: Safe Sport Certification (mandatory if 18 years of age or older)
● Access Code will be given to you by the state you are getting certified in.
● If you have already completed Safe Sport training, log in to your account, click on the menu in the top left corner, select “Update Account”, change tab to “Profile”, scroll down and ensure that U.S. Soccer is listed under “Memberships”. If not, just add it.
● If you already have U.S. Soccer listed under memberships, Safe Sport certification will automatically migrate your information into the U.S. Soccer Learning Center by September.
● Safe Sport must be completed before attending the in-person course.
● Safe Sport is Federal Law passed by the United States Congress and is mandatory for anyone 18 years of age or older.
Step 4: Complete the U.S. Soccer NCSI Background Check (mandatory if 18 years of age or older)
● Available inside the Learning Center and Valid for two years per check
● Cost of the background check is $30, once every two years.
If you have any trouble with the online system, you can visit this website.
Here are some other helpful links and info:
Snap Soccer Referees
Once you are certified, the final steps to becoming a Snap Soccer referee are simple. We ask all officials (including minors) to submit a W9 form, completed with a current home address, tax identification number, and signature. You can securely upload your W9 below.
Referee Payment Systems
In order to efficiently pay our referees, we offer a direct deposit option for every Snap Soccer event. Our direct deposit option does not incur any fees or use any middleman in order to deposit your payment. Even better, you will always be paid two business days after the event is finished, avoiding the hassle of waiting in line for a check. Setup can be completed in three easy steps:
- Create a contractor account with Quickbooks Online.
- Input W9 information in your new account.
- Input your preferred bank account information and routing number.
If you would like to set up direct deposit with Snap Soccer Events, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the link to get started. You can find more information about our direct deposit system below.
Helpful Soccer Referee Videos
Check out some informational videos below!